Monday, December 1, 2008

6x1 Part Deaux

That would be very interesting to do. What would 6x1 part 2 be like if I designed it? First of all, I would shave 45 minutes off the class because I feel it is too long. I don't think we need to be in there almost three hours to learn everything that we need to learn. I think the class is fun and I love being in there but not that long. I wouldn't change anything about the teacher because I think he is great. No, I take that back. Instead of just Mr. Silva teaching the class, I would have his wife come in as an assistant professor. I think she would make a great asset to the class because they both think on the same page, they both have a shared interest in films, and they both know the subject matter very well. They also instill confidence into their students and make them feel like they can do anything.
The assignments themselves were great also. I wouldn't really change anything much about the assignments. I think the assignments that the teacher gave us were very interesting and informative. My favorite project was the video collage which was assigned to us towards the end of the semester. As a matter of fact, that is another thing that I would change about the class. I would have more assignments that involved more found footage. The professor would assign everyone a theme and the class would have to look for footage that's associated with that theme. Each one would be about five minutes long and the student would have to give a project evaluation on the footage that he or she collected.
In addition to that, I would have the class turn in a three minute narrative piece using a handheld camera. It would be a little similiar to the 48 hour video race where we would have to come up with material in 48 hours. No. 24 hours, that would make the assignment more interesting. The teacher would give us a prop and we would have to turn it into a story. I don't know maybe that's a little too much. 72 hours; I think that would suffice.
Hmmmmm. What else would I do? Oh how about having a professional filmmaker come in and give a lecture on experimental films. He can explain ways on how we can improve our work and he can show us some of his or her work also.
I really like the class so much I can't think of what I would do different. I'm doing what I can to make sure this post has 600 words as required by the professor. So. What else would I do for 6x1 part 2. Okay, what about some textbooks on experimental film. I'm saying this because I love to read and I think I can get a better understanding of material if I read about it. That's not to say that I cannot learn from the professor. It's just that the class is only 1 day a week and I really need something to reference to if I don't have access to the professor.
One more final change that I would make. I loved the Saturday shoots and I enjoy doing work outside of class. I would like the professor to check the weather forcast befor he decides to make us go utside and work. I'm really just trying to be funny here; but I really don't think it would hurt.I just feel I could work better if the weather was nice.

No comments: