Thursday, December 4, 2008

Project Evaluation for 48 - Hour Video Race.

This was an interesting project; hard but interesting. I can't believe that I was able to get it done on time. I really like this assignment because it allowed me to work with a black and white camera. I kept wondering what type of prop I had to use. I was shocked to learn what it was: cookie cutters. This was good because it forced me to use my imagination. I went through hell trying to get it put on a cd. I didn't get home until 10pm that night.
The first thing I did was to think of a theme for the project. The star was pretty good. The first icture I took was of the cresent moon and the two planets. For some reason the pictures did not come out the way I wanted them;, so I had to ditch them. So then I took pictures of it along with other props. A tree, water fountain, somebody's arm, and a bottle of vitamin water. My favorite part of the project was takinh pictures of it along with some girls. At first they looked at me kind of wierd, but they were very good at helping me out. What made me kiind of upset about it was that some people who were looking on kept ginving me these wierd looks like what the hell is he doing? But the the girls told me not to worry about it. They made me feel comfortable.
The hardest part about the project was getting it put on a disk and editing it. I went out to Wal-Mart to get it done and I got back around 9pm that night. I went to the editing lab and stayed there until about 4am working on it. I had a hard time editing still pictures but it worked out fine. I wanted to add some flavor to the pictures by giving them some kind of effect. I had a difficult time working with the motion tab. Someone in the lab had to help me with it. The professor said it was good but I thought it could have been a little bit better. I'm gonna spend some time working with still pictures more often and practicing the editing; I think I have a lot of potential.

No comments: